Sunday, March 15, 2015

Penang Trip!

parrfait:

#truth inside i-D magazine 📷

DAY ONE

Perhaps you need to get a drink and read this because this is going to be a very long post. Before Lunar New Year, my sister and I literally drool when we read blogposts about Penang's local food and their cafe's atmosphere lure us to go there. We were so delighted when our parents say 'yes' to our penang trip! So on the second day of Lunar New Year, we woke up at the crack of dawn just to avoid terrible traffic jam. What saddened us was most of the local food stores weren't open due to CNY breaks, so we decided to have lunch at Wheeler's Coffee. We all know that only in Penang people would rent bicycle and cycle around the street, we wanted to do that sadly the weather was so bloody hot so we prefer to drive. Wheeler's Coffee gives a unique ambience with it's traditional bicycle decor, click here to check out my full review.



 








We checked into our hotel and rested. After a few hours of resting, we headed to some Chinese food stall that sells really amazing TeoChew Cendul. not cendol, cendul. I personally think its almost the same as the one from SS15, it was a pretty nice dessert for a scorching hot weather. Yeah the weather was satanic enough, but what is Penang without it's Asam Laksa? 




here's a random shot of some heritage buildings. it wasn't a great shot since i took this in car and my brother was speeding. heritage buildlings are lovely aren't they?

We choose to walk instead of driving because we wanted to look at the heritage buildings. Yeah we were sweating profusely while walking to Armenian Street. Oh my God, Armenian Street is where the avant gardes at. This street is literally a gallery. I wanted to take more photographs of those really, picturique heritage buildings unfortunately my brother's camera wasn't with me *frowns*. It was a little crowded so I felt slightly uncomfortable. (its not that i am allergic to people or what, i just feel like i cannot take proper photos when people will just look at you and be like, can you be faster please stop vaining)








We wanted to have tea in Sekeping Victoria, SADLY IT WAS CLOSED (yes I am slowly having a love-hate relationship with CNY breaks) the exterior legit deserve the best exterior award, you have no idea I just wanted to break the gates and sneak in so badly. My sister and I took some ootd shots there since that place was magnificent. 












this street art is fabsolutely cool. 




When evening turns dawn, we walked to some Chinese Hawker store, the sunset was majestic but I didn't take any photos of it *frowns again* We devoured everything since we were dead meat. I miss the Chee Cheong Fun now sigh please bring me back. 




DAY TWO



The next morning, we headed to xxx for breakfast! Gosh, the lo bak is what I died for every single day. Dipping the fried food (really had no idea what are those lol) into their homemade chilli sauce was like sex in your mouth! And yes the duck soup was lipsmackingly good! you just want to ask for more soup (cheers for no heavy ginger taste)





too beautiful so must take a picture and keep it :P

Yes we went Armenian Street. Again.


It wasn't so crowded as the previous day, HOWEVER it was ten times hotter. We took more photos this time and I liked them! 


Ernest Zacharevic is amazing



*suffocating the kid*







Oh yeah this is another street food to try when you are in Penang. Kindori Lollipop Ice Cream! As a green tea enthusiast, I will always pick matcha flavour. Trust me, you won't regret to spend your money on this little thing. It was sahhhh good! My dad told me Durian flavour was great too, coffee and mango tasted weird. 

Another well-known cafe to visit (no I do not like to use the term hipster cafe lol it sounds stupid like hello its 2015 people still don't know what is the real definition of a hipster, sorry not sorry) at Armenian Street is Busy Bodhi Cafe. 











They recommended these soda for us to quench our thirst. lets just be damn honest, I find it plain and 13 bucks burnt lol. Not going to lie the fact that we ordered something here so we can stay to take these myriad colours of umbrella hanging on the ceiling.








metal pole art!



three ethnics in traditional Chinese costume, thumbs up for this.



this dude reminds me of Jack Frost.













We headed to Kek Lok Si Bazaar to do some bargain shopping, bought some cheap pyjamas, beach dress and some really aesthetic chinese fans. i really meant it when i say aesthetic, they are so sophisticated you just want to get them! Despite of the satanic weather, we still had asam laksa for lunch. I personally think that this place serves the best asam laksa, i like how asam laksa doesn't taste like molten lava noodles, the spiciness was all right, loved the soup gah!!

We decided to try out desserts at Coffee Affairs. the pleasant aroma of the coffee beans and waffled being prepared welcomed us. Yes you must try their waffles, double thumbs up for them because they serve green tea ice cream. I adore how they recycle things into really cute decor, do upload a tutorial about how to decorate your cafe pretty please. click here for full review










My parents and my brother went for a body massage somewhere nearby my hotel. Meanwhile they were pampering themselves, my sister and I were daring enough to walk to a really cool spot to take photos. we don't exactly know the name but, there were really fancy mural painting, nyonya heritage buildings and some fancy forest themed spa. So we spent a whale of time taking photographs there.

Yes it was our last night at Penang which also means that its our last Penang dinner. (yes i am crying an ocean of my tears and get ready to drown of sadness) we had duck rice with duck soup and dayum, it tasted so good. We ordered the same dinner as last night because we missed the hong kong chee cheong fun and o jian so badly. After we satisfied our cravings, we ordered some chinese desserts.

We woke up and headed to some dim sum store to have breakfast. I love dim sums for breakfast! I liked the xiao long bao, it was slightly different, they used otak otak instead of meat. For one moment I thought it was vegetarian xiao long bao due to the green otak otak. Ha gao for 4 bucks is so not worth it lol. Before we headed back to KL, my family and I went to Taiping's Lake.






please remember,
do not use the second bridge because the jam is horrible, sorry for the extremely late update since i am very busywith work recently. my next post will be about my amazing 18th birthday outing, so aurevoir!


     with love,


No comments:

Post a Comment