Thursday, April 9, 2015

a service with a smile.


after spending 11 years of being forced to study certain subjects which i strongly dislike for the sake of getting good grades, waking up at the crack of dawn and clad in really, uncomfortable pinafore and forced to starve myself just to save some money. i finally ventured into working world, as i mentioned previously, i worked at a pharmacy, yes for three days only. then i resigned and joined the staff of a British sweet store/Californian wines store for three months. currently i'm a part time receiptionist at a piano centre nearby my house, once in a while i will teach kids theory or piano.

everyone is busy with their assignments and tests in college and here i am, working most of the days to get experience. seven hours of work has been driving me crazy but I enjoy my work because it gives me the opportunity to socialize with people from all walks of life and gain knowledge (especially about wine because wine knowledge are incredibly amazing.)

one day, as usual i do my daily work routine in the candy shop-giving away fistfuls of licorice and sweets that are made out of real fruit juice. that afternoon, i was in a terrible mood because of some petty issues but nah lets not talk about unhappy things so out of the blue, an old couple were watching me arranging the Victorian sweet jars. Their beautiful hazel eyes met mine and they gave me a really, warm smile. They asked me why do I frown a lot so I told them how unnecessary stress is disturbing me. The old lady patted on my shoulder and said, "hey, a brilliant girl like you make a smart choice to work part time, see when you smile, you look really beautiful. do things that make you happy to de-stress and all the best for your SPM results." These kind words brighten up day and until today, I can still remember vividly of their faces, ever since that day, I started to be more courteous and words cannot describe how happy I am when the sales increase day by day.

last Saturday, I worked as a receiptionist at my piano centre, I was multitasking because I had to give receipt to the kids' parents and teach some kids to do theory. Kids nowadays can be really cheeky and adorable, yeah how cute it is when they talk to you defiantly and give you really stupid nicknames. A 7-years-old ballerina never fail to request me to draw for her, she clings to me all the time and stare at me with her pleading eyes so I can draw 4 girls for her. The following day, her mother told me how she is so obsessed with my drawing, she cuts them, try to trace them so she can be like me someday. ( i find this really cute) another favourite kid that I like to talk to is a 8-years-old ballerina, really naughty and playful. I like being sarcastic in front of this girl and she never fails to make me laugh. It was weird how I was working as a receiptionist yet I felt like a kindergarten teacher who tries her utmost best to nurture the kids. (truth is i really dislike annoying babies ) Their smile can be lovely or derisive, and yes handling children isn't easy too because you have to be very generous to them.

despite what I have gone through in the past, lethargic months, working life is undoubtedly challenging and enthralling, just sometimes, it can be slightly monotonous. I appreciate these four months of working life because they are worth experiencing. Lastly, i believe that the universe seems a little warmer, friendlier and way more shinier when there is a genuine service with a smile.


P.S: those who are really paranoid why am I not on whatsapp for one week, no worries, there is no harm on me. I wanted a break from social network like whatsapp,line and instagram for one week because I want to focus more on things that make me happy such as writing,painting and playing with kids.

P.S #2: my college is starting next month and i'm not even done with spectrumproject good job at procrastinating yiqing.  ╥﹏╥


No comments:

Post a Comment