Monday, September 28, 2015

Cameron Highlands Trip


My parents planned to have a short getaway at Cameron Highlands during my semester break, we escaped the super-duper hazy hustle and bustle city and have a family bonding session in a cooling village enshrouded with lush green trees and vibrant colours of flowers. The last time we went to Cameron was 10 years ago, and the only thing that I can still remember vividly is the weather was freezing. This time the weather isn’t as cold as last time yet at night its freaking cold.
This year, instead of renting at hotel, we decided to rent in an apartment for 2 nights. We loved how you don’t need fan or air-con to survive, all you need is the fresh Cameron air, but at night you will freeze your butt off so you have to wear a really thick sweater. Our apartment is really clean and we get to have steamboat dinner too, this place really feels like home. However, the most dissatisfying thing about Cameron is its very difficult to connect to the internet, YEAH WE DIDN’T KNOW THAT OUR APARTMENT DOESN’T PROVIDE WI-FI SO WE HAD TO RELY ON OUR SHITTY DATA. (its okay anyway, guess we shouldn’t be too engrossed with our smartphones too, enjoy the nature!)



vain af






GUN sister selfie with grey sweater

I bought this comfortable sweater from taobao.


On our first day we didn’t do much because we were dead beat. We walked around Brinchang’s night market and there’s nothing much to see either. We decided to have steamboat for dinner (typical Cameron Highland dinner) somewhere nearby our accommodation. The vegetables were so fresh and amigod you can actually taste the sweetness when you bite the cabbage.
The following day, we decided to visit the lavender garden and holy God, that place was magnificent! we kinda expected that lavender garden should have more lavender however there are myriad different flowers there, you have an urge to pick them up but-


word.





Pollen were everywhere like a fairy dust


see, you can only see two rows of lavenders


tried their Hokkaido Lavender ice-cream, frankly this tasted so-so only



if only the whole field of flowers are in different hue of lilac :( 


beeeeeez





they said pick the flower and pluck. but to me, I pick the flower I like and take a selfie with them



Before we headed to Strawberry Park (at Brinchang), we decided to get some succulent from Cactus Plant. I wish I can get all of them but I feel like I am really bad at taking care of plants. After we made our payment, the first thing my brother said was “From today lets see which succulent will wilt first” #coolstorybruh. We decided to have brunch at Strawberry Farm, amigawdgawdgawdgawd, there are even more flowers which make me want to carry all of them home and decorate our front-yard. (goals in life is to have a garden with shitloads of flowers) I didn’t get to take many pictures as my parents were rushing us (its really troublesome to travel with parents sometimes ._. ) 


selfeet with these cute succulent!


what a unique rose

 we had our brunch at their cafeteria too. the chocolate fondue was good!


ended our day with homemade steamboat. everything taste great with sesame oil and some Japanese vinegar we got from DAISO

I'm a huge fan or traditional European architecture, so on Monday, we visited the Smokehouse, an award-winning garden. This place makes us feels like we are celebrating Spring in Holland. Butterflies were dancing in the air with their velvet wings and the aroma of geosmin (a really strong scent after the rain) emanates the air. It will be lovely if we can sip a cup of Earl Grey Tea with some scones in this serene place. 


enchanted garden 


really cannot resist the colours





"Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature" 



Gun sisters ft Smokehouse



on our way back to KL, we stopped by at Green View Garden, this is really unplanned! Avant Chocolate is just adjacent to Green View Garden but it was closed that time. Luckily they still sell chocolates, teas and biscuits. Absolutely adore the packaging design! 


iScream when I see really pretty packaging


stop being so attractive gawd


oh look the chocolates are desperate to be hipsters too


can't help myself with these fancy packagings


initially I thought they are journals, guess what? they are actually tea packaging! unbelievable isn't it?


very fascinated with the design, yes i've an undying love for vintage things




another really cool tea packaging! this somehow reminds me of my design assignment. there was a strawberry cafe that serves really scrumptious desserts but we didn't get to try because my parents were in hurry :( its all right, there is always next time!


i bought this postcard from UTAR flea market. poetic eh



the garden here is like a mini version Lavender Garden.
There is a lavender shop too but its closed, too. The decor in the shop looks nice as well, really wish I can get some artificial lavender back home.


and this concludes my 3 days 2 nights vacation at Cameron, I appreciate this getaway because its been so long since we have a family trip, I guess it will be better if our relatives join us just like the old days. I do wish we can stay longer because the haze in KL is slowly killing me, I miss Cameron's lovely weather sigh. 


        with love,




No comments:

Post a Comment