Saturday, October 3, 2015

laman seni 7


3rd of October, 2014 

Art Tells Our Story: Art is a history lesson, an historical record, a preservation of culture, and an autobiography all in one. Art documents events and experiences and allows us a richer understanding of history. Art reflects cultural values, beliefs and identity and helps to preserve the many different communities that make up our world. Art chronicles our own lives and experiences over time. We need art to understand and to share our individual and shared history.


Shattered mirror selfie
this is aesthetically beautiful















the road says it all












there was supposed to be umbrellas and chairs, but they are all gone??


dayum calligraphy on the wall? dayum.












another creative one










kinda recognize this graffiti writing by one of my respected artists, Jeff










so gay i cannot.












and lastly we decided to take a picture with our favourite work
"only you can stop global warming" by #CLOAKWORK



"are you guys local?"
oh God we get that a lot. Like a lot of people tend to assume us as tourists from China and Japan I'm not even joking


lesbian partner best friend for 8 years


stencil art






my best friend Zi Shan knows that I have an undying love for wall art therefore she has already planned to bring me to laman seni 7 during my semester break. we have been very good friends for 8 years even though we were in different high school and currently in different universities too, we still keep in touch. It took one hour for us to reach this place all thanks to waze, waze was being a faggot to us and we literally got lost in Setia Alam and we wasted so much time gosh, lesson learnt: its better to use google map than waze, waze can go to hell. If you are an arts enthusiast like me, you will definitely appreciate the artist's effort, I absolutely love how they mix unused furniture or even things to make a really jaw-dropping street art. However we were slightly disappointed because we realized some of the works have changed and some furniture were removed, the haze was very horrible and we actually felt a little dizzy. after 45 minutes of shooting, we headed to Cafe Studio located at Kota Damansara. The interior reflects a state of blissfulness and I can't wait to blog about it, that cafe is literally the best cafe we have visited in our life. To be frank, I personally like the wall art from laman seni 7 more than Penang's mural street art, I think they are intensely creative, Zi Shan and I thought there would be more but laman seni 7 isn't as huge as we expected. So I wonder when is the next street art I am going to visit huehue. Today was a good day, eliminate the haze and...my heart sank a little because today marks the last day of freedom as tomorrow I have to go back Sungai Long, a.k.a prison. Well semester one sem break was spent productively and I am looking forward to semester two. Figure Drawing, I am ready to sacrifice my energy for you.

   With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment